Hi I’m Griffin!
Design ITCH is my online design journal, chronicling my attempt to bring great design to my life in a small North Carolina town. I primarily write about DIYs, Design Inspiration, and Design Finds.
My house is the blank canvas. It’s a bit cookie cutter, but what it lacks in architectural character it makes up for in design opportunities.
I seek inspiration in everyday life and influence from the great designers, objects and spaces of the past and present. I love scouring thrift stores and antique shops for second hand treasures (luckily this is one thing my small community has plenty of!). For me, home design is hands on, affordable, and filled with personal and design significance!
FIVE Things About Me:
1. I’m a designer. I studied architecture in college followed by a masters in interior design (and I’ve got the student loans to prove it!).
2. I’m a design educator. I’ve taught all types of interior design courses and absolutely love it!
3. I’m a military wife. My husband Dan (and my high school prom date) is also my in-house handyman.
4. I’m also a mother to two-year-old girl, Frances, and I can’t forget our friendly boarder collie, Maggie.
5. I grew up in a log cabin in Illinois. Not quite Abe Lincoln, but close!
Ultimately, I hope to challenge myself as a designer, learn new skills, hone existing ones, offer inspiration, and most importantly Scratch my Design ITCH!
You will find new posts every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
I’d love to hear from you, contact me here. Thanks for stopping by!